Midwood Flower Shop only carries the finest and freshest Ecuadorian roses. Large headed blooms and excellent shelf life are the reasons we only buy premium roses. You’ll love them for their beauty and how long they last!
Here are some tips to be sure you get the longest possible life out of your roses-
- Fill a clean vase with fresh lukewarm water.
- Strip off all leaves below the water level.
- Take at least 3 cm off stems, making a slanted cut with a sharp knife. Do not use scissors, they crush the stems impeding the flowers ability to drink water
- Re-cut flowers every two or three days
- Top up with fresh water daily
After 6 or 7 days your roses may begin to droop or dehydrate even when they are cut. You may be able to extend the life of your roses by several days by cutting them short and creating a small compact arrangement. This is easy to do by cutting the roses gently at an angle.
Drooping heads on fresh roses mean that they are not drinking enough water.
- Repeat the care tips above, re-cutting all stems.
A few other remedies-
- Put a few inches of warm water in your bathtub.
- Completely immerse roses, re-cutting the stems under water.
- Leave for 30 mins to an hour. Trim and place in vase.
Extending the life of your flowers
- Remove faded roses petals
- Avoid extreme heat & and remember, water is key!
- Keep flowers away from fruit and pets
If you are interested in growing your own roses, check out this great guide by NC State.